Sue Oliver speaks on a number of Passioneering topics for intimate groups and also very large audiences, from project team to major conferences. She’s a dynamic, high-energy, witty, and heart-driven speaker, who engages her listeners with compelling stories and inspiring insights. Her recent speaking engagements have included presentations for Fortune 100 companies, non-profits, volunteer organizations, and as an interfaith minister for various spiritual communities. She’s also appeared on various radio programs (e.g., see below), including the hosting of the Blog Talk Radio, The Passions and Possibilities Network (Click Here to Find Out More).
Recent Media Engagements (and recordings)
- 1/11/10: Community Media Panel, City of Bellevue
- 2/16/10: Radio Show Guest on The Pill, on the topic of Putting Passions Back into Everyday, (Click Here to Listen).
- 5/26/10: Radio Show Guest on Aware Talk Radio, on the Topic of the Passions and Possibilities project, (Click Here to Listen)
- 6/17/10: Co-Creator Radio Network, What We’re Thinking About with Ken Ludwig
- 6/1/10: Washington Women’s Employment & Education, organization (monthly during 2010).
- 6/24/10: Co-Creator Radio Network, Making It Out Alive, with Ken Ludwig
- 9/2/10: Spiritual RockStar Radio with Dan Hanneman, (Click here to Listen).
- 9/19/10: Gary Mantz Radio Show, ‘The Three Passioneers,” (Click Here to Listen).
- 9/22/10: Geoff Loughton’s Radio Show, Radio Free Spirit, (Click Here to Listen)
- 11/27/10: Mantz & Mitchell Radio Show, (Click Here to Listen)
- “I have known Sue professionally for over 3 years now. She is a unique and amazing human being. She is the embodiment of passion. Every time, I would see her or talk to her she is always Alive and full of energy. She exudes a confidence and a compassion that separate can be found in many people, but those attributes combined, make for a rare individual in my book. She has a firm grasp of the subject matter she is talking about, whether it be physical education, spirituality or acting. Speaking of spirituality, she is one of the more spiritual people I know. When she would offer an opening prayer to an event, she really brings the light and the energy level spikes and everyone is caught in her whirlwind of loving energy. Sue has offered great career advice and she practices what she preaches. If you need support, Sue is right there for you. When I think of Passioneer, I think of Sue Oliver.” ~Tom Brophy
- “I have had the repeated pleasure of being inspired, lifted, guided and motivated by Sue and her obvious passion and zeal for life and all the possibilities it contains. Sue speaks with a combination of heart, mind and humor that is informed by the amazing things she has accomplished in her life. Sue brings it all with her and the result is that everyone who has the opportunity to hear is also afforded the opportuity to grow, expand and enrich their lives. If you are looking for positive change in your life, Sue can show you the way.” ~Stephen Duggan, Business Owner, Ministerial Student
- “Sue combines communication skills with deep understanding of entrepreneurship. Her perspective is a seamless weaving of new economics spirituality. She is herself a passioneer, inventing a new vision for being creative, successful, and abundant. Instead of preaching her vision, she draws it out of others – creative people whom she recognizes as cultural intuitives like herself. Her recorded programs form a living record, a wisdom keeper’s trail, of stories and personalities who transform vision into power, power into service, and service into abundance. She deserves the widest recognition!” ~Fred LaMotte, Interfaith Chaplain
- “Since the day it was suggested by a mutual friend, that we meet, it’s been a joy ride for your enthusiasm is contagious. What you do daily on and offline is a marvel. Your poise and presence as the speaker, facilitator and coach you are, is UNFLAPPABLE in my experience. Your presentation on How to Make Yourself Radio Ready and Easy to Interview at the Publish Yourself! Salon on Self-Publishing and Self-Promotion, was a HIT because you were entertaining, REAL, engaged the room fully from start to finish, and provided simple and meaningful content we could all put to work IMMEDIATELY. You have a GOLDEN heart of service in my book and your “being a stand” for individuals being healthy, happy and leaders in their own lives first–that they can do more in the world with and for others–impacts more people than you realize. I am honored to call you collaborative partner and kindred friend.” ~Deborah Drake, Writing and Marketing Coach
- “Sue Oliver is a force to be reckoned with. She is a wonderful mix of warmth, intellect,and pragmatisim. All of which comes out in her facilitation skills and heartfelt advice. She has very powerful energy and that comes across on-air and in person. Watching her shows will undoubtedly result in insights, helpful advice, and a feel good feeling. One of Sue’s greatest gifts is the ability to congregate people together, inspire them, and make them feel special. Watch her show! Your mind, body, and soul will be glad you did.” ~C.J. Liu, Host of Fire It UP with CJ (www.fireitupwithcj.com).
Most Popular Topics
Below are some of Sue’s most popular speaking topics, and she can also create a customized presentation for your group’s unique needs.
Do What You Really Love, and Trust That the Rest DOES Follow. “I’m doing what I love, and the rest isn’t happening. What’s wrong?” This is a common concern for those making the leap fully into service. Sue uses highlights from her many Passioneer® stories to affirm that when we do what we love AND give back to others, the rest does follow, including abundance. The key is differentiating between true passions and mere talents (i.e., what we’re good at), serving with an open, compassionate heart, and releasing our expectations of how it will look.
Pursuing Your Passions to Serve Fully, Why Wait? Many of us believe that we must postpone our dreams to serve others fully until the right time, place, relationship, bank account balance, etc. It’s easy to slip into “either/or” thinking: either we unleash our passions to give back fully right now, or we’ll wait until “someday.” Unfortunately, someday never comes unless we intentionally make helping others a priority. There is no better time to start than NOW!
Removing the Blocks to a Heart of Service. We are often our own worst enemies, by blocking our success with old grooves – the attitudes and behaviors that do not support our highest good. Getting out our own way involves becoming awake and aware to the conscious and unconscious ways that we interfere with our true callings to serve others. Simple, but not easy. Sue provides simple, practical stories and exercises to help audiences move beyond these barriers into their true passions.
Integrating Passionate Service into Everyday Living. The key to living a rich, fulfilling life is experiencing and expressing our passions for service on a daily basis, during the peak times and the tough times. When we engage fully in serving others, it’s impossible to be angry or resentful. Instead, we’re filled with gratitude and compassion.
From Baby Steps to Giant Leaps. Many Passioneer-wannabes feel stuck because they think they should be making massive strides in expressing their passions. So they often procrastinate and postpone doing and being what they love. The key to successful passioneering is being persistent and consistent. That is, continually taking small steps forward towards our goals for serving others, regardless of our circumstances.
Putting Passion into Action Series. Sue’s background in product and program development is great fodder for her talks on transforming great ideas into great service projects.
- Taking Your Next Big Service Idea to Market Quickly. Efficient and effective strategies and tools to serve others AND prosper.
- Getting the Right Things Done…Right. Setting clear priorities and creating potent game plans is critical if you want to live a prosperous, service-oriented life. “Do” is half of “Done,” as one expert says.
- The Power of Accountability. Letting go of rugged individualism and building a powerful support team. Passioneers have learned to build and lean into powerful support networks.
- Creating Powerful, Passionate Project Teams. Crystallizing the WHY? of your project’s mission and vision, and unleashing each individual’s passion within the project, from start to finish.
Contact us today to discuss how Sue can help make your next event a major success.